This first book in Castells’ groundbreaking trilogy, with a substantial new preface, highlights the economic and social dynamics of the information age and shows how the network society has now fully risen on a global scale.
- Groundbreaking volume on the impact of the age of information on all aspects of society
- Includes coverage of the influence of the internet and the net-economy
- Describes the accelerating pace of innovation and social transformation
- Based on research in the USA, Asia, Latin America, and Europe
– CASTELLS, Manuel: The Rise of the Network Society. Oxford: Blackwell, 2010. Prologue: “The Net and the Self”